Tuesday, July 16, 2019

At last some sunshine but we’re using a lot of Gas!

Thursday 9th May

We left in sunshine and headed off towards the town of Plockton where they allow overnight parking by the Loch. This trip is actually passing all the places we have been on the West Highland Way. As we passed through Crianlarach we saw a few people walking through and I must confess a little bit of envy. Next stop Tyndrum where the famous Green Welly shop is. Joan however talked me out of visiting the chippy. While we were parked I heard the fridge clicking shortly after I put it on to gas which means the gas bottle is empty.  I was pleased actually, as I knew we could replace it here in a little general store, because I always like to have a spare one available (£23).

Arriving in Plockton around mid-day we had a snack and then explored the town. It’s a lovely little place with several nice pubs, (I was only allowed to try one). Then as we made our way to the Plockton Inn to check out the menu it started to rain quite heavily. Over the afternoon and evening there were several showers but we managed to get to the Inn and back where we had another nice dinner for £60. Some of you may be thinking this is quite pricey every day, but as the average campsite costs around £25 now, it’s quite reasonable when our overnight stay is free.  However I hope it warms up soon because when we don’t have an electric hook-up we need to heat with our gas, and of course the shower water also has to be heated. Just before we left I checked the gas and it’s pretty low.



A lovely Loch side 

From our van just before the rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment